Saturday, June 22, 2013

google nexus 7 improvement coming in the summer

Update – this website post was found in the course of the customary lunchtime surf of that internet, coincidently on a asus nexus 7. I concur with the website how the google nexus 7 is one of the first things used in the mornings and is used through the day. But the main point of that article is that an upgrade of the current nexus 7 is pending this summer, as they say this is not an official statement, but making an allowance for how quickly the tablet pc market moves I wouldn’t be surprised.


 


My tablet of choice these days is my Nexus 7. I use it constantly. It’s my alarm clock (thanks to Gentle Alarm and the over-priced dock), my eReader, a remote control for watching YouTube on my Google TV or PS3, and of course what I keep up with all my news feeds on. It’s the first device I use in the morning and the last one I use before turning out the light at night.


But the Nexus 7 is almost a year old now, and while I don’t really have too many complaints about its performance (Chrome could be a bit faster), I’m enough of a tech-head to always be looking forward to the next new thing.


So I was really happy to read a Reuters piece that claims a new iteration of the Nexus 7 is due out in July. This isn’t an official announcement and Reuters don’t name sources, but does say it has two. And it isn’t at all a far-fetched rumor; you pretty much have to expect (at least) an annual update on tablets and phones these days.


Assuming Reuters has it correct, the new Nexus 7 will run on a Snapdragon SoC rather than an Nvidia Tegra; the source says this was because of power consumption and while that might be part of it, I wouldn’t be surprised if cost factored in as well. The new Nexus 7 is expected to be priced at the same $199 as the current model, or possibly even less ($149). I can’t imagine Google/Asus (Asus will be the manufacturer once again) being able to ship a Tegra 4 device for that low a price as early as July, and they wouldn’t want to launch a new tablet with the same Tegra 3 that powers their old one.


Aside from the processor, Reuter’s sources say the new tablet will have a higher resolution display and a thinner bezel (reducing overall size). How much higher and how much thinner wasn’t quantified, nor do we have specifics like RAM or storage options. The current Nexus 7 has a 1280×800 resolution screen, just for the sake of reference.


Google I/O runs from May 15th-17th this year, and it seems as good a time and place to announce the new Nexus 7 as anywhere. That’s probably when Google will be talking about the next version of Android: Version 5, a.k.a. Keylime Pie. Will every Google I/O attendee get a new Nexus 7 with a development build of Android 5 on it? That would certainly fit their pattern from the past few years.


I’ll have my credit card at the ready on May 15th; hopefully Google will start taking Nexus 7 Mk II pre-orders right after the keynote!


 


Source – http://www.itworld.com/personal-tech/350922/next-iteration-nexus-7-tablet-coming-july


 



google nexus 7 improvement coming in the summer

No comments:

Post a Comment